The NBA released the All-Defensive Team honors on Monday afternoon and Tony Allen was named one of the five players selected for the All-Defensive Second Team. The final results for both All-Defensive teams are as follows:
- First Team
- (GSW) Draymond Green – 198 points
- (UTA) Rudy Gobert – 196 points
- (SAS) Kawhi Leonard – 192 points
- (LAC) Chris Paul – 140 points
- (HOU) Patrick Beverley – 110 points
- Second Team
- (MEM) Tony Allen – 80 points
- (SAS) Danny Green – 68 points
- (NO) Anthony Davis – 58 points
- (OKC) Andre Roberson – 53 points
- (MIL) Giannis Antetokounmpo – 35 points
Points are determined by the amount of First Team and Second Team votes given to the player. 2 points are given for First, 1 point is given for Second.
This adds another accolade to Tony Allen’s defensive collection, making him a 3x All-Defensive First Team (2012, 2013, 2015) and 3x All-Defensive Second Team (2011, 2016, 2017) honoree.
Other Grizzlies players receiving votes were Mike Conley with 5 points and Marc Gasol with 2 points.
Matthew Starnes | @MatthewHStarnes